Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bonus Post (Tuition Hikes)

The budget hearing was very informative to me. I heard about the hike but i didn't realize how much of an issue it was until i went to the hearing. If tution goes up it would definitely affect me because school is already expensive and getting financial aide isn't always a guarantee. They want us to get an education but make it damn near impossible by making schools so expensive. It's crazy how they are so quick to cut money from the school's budget but they won't cut back on their high life living and pay.

Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Patterson both disappointed me alot, i thought highly of them at first until i saw the sneaky underhanded disgusting things they were doing. Both them should not get re-elected into office. Bloomberg goes on t.v acting like he his trying to help our economy but behind closed doors he's cutting budgets from our schools. patterson's no good self is cutting money from health care. I can say this for Patterson, When he gets to his elderly years...he is gonna need nurses to take care of him and his behind will see the treatment he gets!

Anways, I think all these lying politians need to getkicked off their high horse's. I just hope that something is gonna be done aboout all these budget cuts, whether it's from schools, healthcare, music, etc...I want everything to get back to a nice pace of living and working.

8 comments:

  1. you have a point that we kno about the hike but dont pay any attention to it. i agree with you. i feel like the hearing told us something that we didnt reallt kno much about. they so shouldnt get re-elected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope they don't for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with u 100%
    they always say what you want to hear jus to get elected, but then do nothing when theyre in power

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely!!!!
    They don't care about what the position the students are in, especially in depression.
    I was verrry disappointed at what they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have no idea about the tuition hike also until our teacher told us last thursday to go to the poolside cafe. it is good that at least i'm aware of what's happening in my school. it's really informative especially for students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad, newblogmem - remind me to keep you updated as new information becomes available - nothing is yet set in stone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Things as certain as death and taxes, can be more firmly believed." Lines written by Daniel Defoe, in The Political History of the Devil, 1726.
    I wish people would realize that the only job a politician has is to be re-elected. This goes for each of our major parties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. True Eva - but the fact that they want to be reelected means they can be pressured.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 21 years old, and this is my first year in college. I'm a LPN major currently working as a CNA. I'm really friendly and down to earth once you get to know me. Don't be afraid to speak to me, I won't bite(lol).