Thursday, March 19, 2009

My first step!

I am currently enrolled in laquadia as an LPN major. I also work at a nursing and rehabilitation manor 3 day's a week before i started school i used to work there 5 days a week. A day in my life there can be very exciting but also very hard. Everything as it's good and bad points, I love being there cause gives me the opportunity to see what part of the LPN and RN work is like. After seeing different situations i knew that Nursing is field i definitely wouldn't mind going into.

A regular routine for me at my job is coming in to get my assignment together then help set up the residents dinner trays while feeding who can't feed themselves. After supper is finish i start getting the residents on my assignment for bed because i work the 4-12 shift so that's what my particular shift does. i make sure tat they are clean and in bed safely sleeping, then i go and do my accountability's. That's pretty much the light version of what i really do there b/c for those who are thinking about being a CNA which is what i am; Be prepared. Being a CNA is no easy task, I've been doing it for a year.

My workplace is very nice, it would be a place i definitely would consider when i get older. The building as a beautiful outdoor garden and a really nice center yard. The atmosphere can be very nice and warm, everyone laughing but it can also be very hectic only on some days. The only changes i would make when it comes my workplace is better pay. I think CNA's get paid less than what they should be payed. I can't wait to advance in the field of nursing, i know that day will come soon.

Until next time blogger's!

2 comments:

  1. it is very nice and good that you are enjoying your job.. good luck at your degree...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 21 years old, and this is my first year in college. I'm a LPN major currently working as a CNA. I'm really friendly and down to earth once you get to know me. Don't be afraid to speak to me, I won't bite(lol).