Thursday, March 26, 2009

Status!

What gives someone status in their community is the impact they make on it. The things someone does or the choices they make reflects on the community. By praising someone that's doing something good says a lot about the communities values and where they stand.
In my community for instance their is a minister name Floyd Flake. He owns/sponsor's quite few church's, clinics, senior citizen housing and affordable housing along with a bus line. You will see the word Allen AME on the properties he his involved with. He's a very well known African-American in my community because he does such good work which gives him is status.
It's that the values of my community is very compassionate, giving and understanding. These values are the same as mine but i don't really care to aspire to status in my community, if i do that's fine but I'm not jumping for it. I try my best in everything i do and that's that.

2 comments:

  1. I like the veiw you have on the status in a community. Your status isnt based on what you have as much as in what you are doing for the community. I think that makes a bigger impact on a person because when people talk about you they wont be like who but oh yeah he did this or that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, I agree with you on that. People will focus on what you do more than what you have.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 21 years old, and this is my first year in college. I'm a LPN major currently working as a CNA. I'm really friendly and down to earth once you get to know me. Don't be afraid to speak to me, I won't bite(lol).